We are finally here in Korea. The flight was not as bad as I thought it was going to be! Colt was able to come into the country, so all the trouble with getting the paperwork paid off. We arrived at Inchon at about 3:30 pm (1:30 am central time), then headed to Yongsen army base for Nikolas to start his inprocessing.
It was so cool to see how different this city (Seoul) was compared to Chicago. The amount of cars on the road makes Chicago traffic look like nothing. People here drive crazy! I know that Nikolas and I are going to try to get a car and a special drivers license. So we will see how our city/country driving compares to the Korean drivers. But anyway! We stayed at the Dragon Hill lodge, which was very nice but a typical hotel. The view was amazing! The mountains are so beautiful and the arcitecture is like nothing we have ever seen before. We stayed at Yongsen till Friday, when we traveled down to our perminent station Camp Humphreys.
Now lets compare Humphreys to Rucker. Lets just say, I would never think that Rucker looked so good. Pretty much, Humphreys is in the middle of the biggest rice paddy field that you could every imagine. The town is what you would expect as being a rural Korean town. The post has only 1 main gate and a pedestrian gate, which is nothing compared to Rucker. Everything pretty much surrounds the landing strip and air hangers. Luckly, the Px and the Commissary are right next to each other. The chapel is within walking distance from the lodging hotel that we are staying at.
We did start looking for places to live off post. We are number 35 for on post housing list and from what they told us it won't be avaliable while we are here. The places off post are really nice. The security makes me feel better about living in a forgein country. We looked at about 7 places today and are going to look at some more on Monday. I really really liked one of the places today, so the apartments on Monday better be freaking amazing! We will let everyone know, once we get all settled in. Otherwise, the moving journey is almost over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Once again our children are dragging us into technology (kicking and screaming). The only blog I've ever been exposed to was in Hayward where we used leeches and slip bobbers to catch Walleyes. Oh wait, those were bogs not blogs. At any rate, we are trying. This seems like a great way for us to all stay connected. However, I'm still hoping to skyp with you guys (both voice and video - Sam Galvin promised to help :-)) very soon. Mom and I love you!
ReplyDelete