
So yesterday was the big day! The ULTRASOUND ( I wish there was a way that you could magnify that like they do on tv). So the baby is about 22 weeks along now and healthy. The heart rate was about 153-158 ( I don't remember) and it weighs about 1lb 1oz. How they can tell how much it ways is beyond me because the way that my feet been hurting lately it doesn't seem that small. Guess the whole increased blood volume and water weight comes into play. I know that you are all dying to know what the sex is.........well you are going to have to wait.....no I am kidding it is a GIRL! AHHHHHHHH. Nikolas and I were thinking that it was going to be a boy. We have been calling it a boy, so I hope that they little one isn't gender confused when it comes out. The thing about the whole finding out the sex has been an interesting experience. I guess the ultrasound tech doesn't tell you what the sex is because some people have complained when the tech said something. So the solution....to not tell anyone. Well if anyone knows me, I am not taking that lying down! So I pretty much coaxed it out of her. She was freaking out that I was going to complain and I was like just tell me and I won't. I was nice about it laughing with her telling her that it was fine and some people are just jerks. She was very nice. When she was doing the ultrasound I go, "ITS A BOY" and she looked at me like, "Crazy American, it isn't." So after trying to get a straight answer out of her, I finally was like, "Can you check for any extra appendages?" Finally she said there was nothing there. So YAY!
I think Nikolas might be a little nervous having a girl first. The whole daddy daughter thing scares him a little. He will do fine though, she can still play all the boy sports and there will be NO pink in this house. I even told him that. I have never been a pink kinda gal. It reminds me of my neighbors Pam and Sam. They have a little girl, Natalie, who I want to adopt but anyway. She is the girly girl! I mean it is so cute cause her mom is the same way. Sam is more of the soccer, sports kinda guy. Cheerleading and dance not so much. Well Natalie started soccer this year and I guess she is a monster on the field. So there is hope for a girly girl but a sporty kinda lady. We will see what she grows up into!
Overall, the nesting process has begun. The monster has awaken. It is bad! I think I need to go to rehab for it. Hahah. Well that is all from over here!

No comments:
Post a Comment