Thursday, October 1, 2009

Getting it all together!

It has been a while since I blogged about something. So here is the news of the day. We finally have a car! It is a smart car cousin. I really don't know how to describe it, but it is functional. I told my dad that he would have to sit in the back and his feet would reach the dash. It does have a nickname, "the blue thunder!" Who thought of that name, I don't know. It has been amazing not to take a taxi to and from post every day. Getting a little pricey! Nikolas is up at Camp Stanley in processing and starting Junior Officer leader course. So he will be back next Friday. THANK GOD! It has been so boring around here without the man. Last weekend, I met him and Nathan in Seoul for an outing.

Seoul is very spread out and crowded. Pretty much like being back at home but without the massive amount of high-rise office space. It is more housing then anything else. We did get to see the war memorial, which was very cool. There was a museum, but knowing my husband and from what Nathan told us, it would take all day to get through the whole thing. So hopefully we will be able to come back to see it. There was a rock concert going on right outside the museum and it wasn't sixty's rock. It was the heavy metal, screaming, stuff my mom and brother love kind of music. Which made me laugh because I have never heard hard core rock in Korean before. Funny as all can be! After the museum we took the subway to the outer towns to see the shopping site. Cheap suit, Cheap suit, silk suit, was all that they were saying. I think Nikolas and Nathan were contemplating their choices for their silk suits that they want to buy. Can we say the Dumb and Dumber routine? It makes me laugh. We also saw the street vendors selling the pirated DVDs of movies that are still in the theaters and the crap that you can buy that is not the real deal. The nice part of the day was they both were able to come back to Humphreys with me! So YAY for seeing the husband earlier. Nathan met Colt for the first time. I think I need to watch him cause my dog might end up at Casey with him. :)

I did have my first OB appointment this past week. Thank God. I am not a fan of not seeing a doctor when it comes to stuff like this. They put you in levels of pregnancy, so like I am an OBC level. Don't ask what it means, cause I have no idea. My OB doctor here is a man, which is very weird for me. He is the head of the clinic, which is a bonus. All was well with the little one. When the doc went to find a fetal heart rate he was like, " this baby is moving a whole lot." Of course I go, "stop moving in there!" But the heart rate was strong and normal! YAY!! My ultrasound isn't for another month, which sucks but that is when they can fit me in. So we don't know the sex yet, but I am thinking it is going to be a boy. Just this feeling!

The apartment is finally coming together. Yes, pictures will be posted soon. I really want to wait until all of our crap gets here, but I don't think I can wait that long. We have a microwave, which I am SO thankful for. You really don't know how much you use it until you don't have it anymore.

Nikolas will be home tomorrow for a 3 day holiday. YAY! That is all from Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment